The Crimson Velvet Banana Pudding Recipe is an easy and indulgent dish that boasts a creamy, wealthy, and flavorful mix. The results of combining two basic Southern dessert recipes, this recipe is really the epitome of a scrumptious mash-up.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 3 hrs
For crimson velvet cake:
- ½ tsp salt
- 383 g cake flour
- 3 eggs
- 450 g granulated sugar
- 22.5 g unsweetened cocoa powder (22-24%), sifted
- 6 tbsp liquid crimson meals coloring
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cider vinegar
- 170 g Butter with out salt, softened to room temperature.
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 240 g buttermilk
- 160 g Small chocolate chips or shaved chocolate.
- 750 g heavy cream
- 4 ripe bananas, sliced
- 3.4 oz bundle immediate vanilla pudding (ideally Jell-O model) ng combine
- 360 g ice-cold water
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 8 oz full-fat cream cheese (ideally Philadelphia model), lower into 8 items, at room temperature
- Set the oven temperature to 325°F and put together a 9 × 13-inch pan by coating it with butter and dusting it with flour.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and blend the flour and salt along with a whisk. Hold this combination apart.
- Mix the butter to a creamy and easy consistency utilizing a standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, set to medium velocity. Progressively add the sugar to the butter, and maintain beating the combination till it turns into gentle and ethereal, which ought to take roughly 4 to five minutes.
- At medium velocity, slowly incorporate the eggs into the mixer, ensuring to totally beat every egg earlier than including the subsequent. Do not overlook the significance of scraping the underside, sides of the bowl, and the paddle for a fair combine.
- In a special bowl, mix the crimson meals coloring and cocoa powder till they’re evenly mixed and have a easy consistency. Add the combination regularly to the batter whereas mixing at a low velocity till absolutely mixed. Bear in mind to often scrape the edges and backside of the bowl to make sure an intensive and even combination.
- Whisk collectively the vanilla and buttermilk in a measuring cup. To arrange the batter, mix the dry substances and regularly combine them into the bowl of the mixer in three components, alternating with the buttermilk combination. Take care to not overmix, and cease as soon as the substances are absolutely mixed. Bear in mind to often scrape the underside and sides of the bowl.
- Combine cider vinegar and baking soda collectively in a small bowl, after which regularly add the ensuing combination to the batter whereas mixing on low velocity. Hold mixing and use a spatula to scrape the sides and base of the bowl till all substances are absolutely integrated.
- As soon as you’ve got poured the crimson velvet cake batter into the ready pan, bake it for 40 to 45 minutes, then test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the middle. The cake is absolutely baked when the toothpick comes out clear and the highest of the cake bounces again when gently pressed.
- Let the cake sit within the pan for no less than half-hour to chill, afterwards transfer it to a rack designed for cooling so it could absolutely settle down. If desired, the cake will be saved in plastic wrap for a most of three days.
- With the usage of a stand mixer and its whisk attachment, combine the condensed milk and water collectively. Mix completely by mixing at a medium velocity for 1 minute.Then, add the pudding combine and proceed beating for an additional 2 minutes, making certain that each one lumps are absolutely dissolved. Switch the combination to a medium-sized bowl, cowl, and place it within the fridge till agency, for no less than 1 hour or as much as in a single day.
- Utilizing a scoop, switch the pudding combination to a stand mixer that’s geared up with a whisk attachment. Then, add the cream cheese that has been softened and mix till a easy and homogenous combination is obtained. Chill the mix whereas making the whipped cream.
- Utilizing the whisk attachment of a stand mixer, beat the heavy cream in a clear bowl at medium velocity for about one minute till it begins to thicken.Then, increase the velocity to medium-high and proceed whipping till stiff peaks type. Keep away from over-whipping the cream.
- Hold the mixer at a low velocity and regularly add the pudding combination to the whipped cream, one spoonful at a time, till every thing is completely blended and no pudding streaks are seen.
- Take the crimson velvet cake out of the pan and slice it into 8 rectangular items by making a 4×2 inch sample.Additional, divide every rectangle in half to get 16 1/2-inch-thick items. Hold these apart for later use.
- For the pudding association, select a small bowl or a large 4- to 5-quart glass bowl, or particular person serving bowls.
- Start by inserting 1 / 4 of the pudding on the backside, then add sufficient slices of crimson velvet cake to totally cowl that layer. Then, add a 3rd of sliced bananas to cowl the cake and pour 1/3 cup of mini chips over it. Repeat the layering course of two extra instances, then end by topping it with the remaining pudding. Sprinkle crumbled crimson velvet cake and add a tablespoon of mini chips on high as the ultimate contact. As a way to cool the combination, wrap it in plastic and place it within the fridge for not less than 4 hours or in a single day. Take pleasure in your chilled pudding. (Word: You could have a couple of further items of cake for snacking.)