An excellent scrumptious dessert recipe with a light-weight and crispy pastry crust topped with apples and a candy oatmeal topping and caramel drizzle. This dessert is paying homage to apple crisps, solely higher!
Apple crisps was once our go-to dessert. It was principally mine and my husband’s favourite and we made it nearly each weekend after we would get to spend time collectively. And should you’ve had apple crisps, you’d understand how good they’re – they’re probably the greatest desserts on the market. In actual fact, they was once my primary – that was till I stumbled upon this apple crisp pizza recipe!
This apple crisp pizza is nearly like your common apple crisp. Solely, it includes a crispy puff pastry crust topped with apples. Then you may have a candy candy topping made with oats and cinnamon and sugar (pleasant!), you then end with a caramel drizzle. This recipe is one for the eyes, coronary heart after which mouth!
It’s a slice of heaven. That’s the easiest way to explain it. It’s turn out to be my primary dessert, it’s my husband’s favourite for certain (he’s at all times torn between this pizza and the apple crisp), I attempt to preserve my children away from it, as a result of I’m certain they’ll by no means let me relaxation in the event that they bought this on an everyday – however within the odd occasions I give them a slice, they mob me and wish extra (good factor I’ve bought my secret hiding place). This dessert is so good, the phrase good doesn’t even do it justice.
You’ll be able to eat this plain, or with vanilla ice cream, it’s scrumptious both method. One of the best half about that is that it doesn’t take time to make. For one thing so heavenly, the convenience surprises me!
Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
⅔ cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
4 medium apples peeled and diced into ¼ inch pieces
½ cup all-purpose flour
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup salted butter softened
1/2 cup caramel topping
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 12-inch pizza pan lightly with non-stick spray
- Roll the pastry to fit into the pizza pan. Fold under the edges so the pizza gets a raised crust
- Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium-sized bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss till the flour mix completely covers the apples
- Arrange the flour-covered apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a medium-sized bowl. Mix well till even.
- Sprinkle the topping evenly over the apples on the crust
- Place the pan in the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Remove baked pizza from the oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices and serve warm. You can serve it with ice cream if available.
Any baking apple is an effective selection for this recipe. Right here, I used Empire apples. You might additionally use Gala, Fiji, Braeburn or Granny Smith. These apples maintain their form even once they’re tender and cooked by means of. Guarantee to keep away from apples that get tender after cooking like Macintosh.
Salted butter brings out the sweetness on this pizza. If you happen to lack salted butter, sprinkle some salt over your common butter after which use.